Soar to great heights as you explore this region from a fresh perspective with this “free spirited” adventure. You’ll be telling your friends stories about the high flying fun you had on this Canada Signature Experience.
Authentic Adventure: A Free Spirit Flight Tour of Rice Lake
For five generations the family at Elmhirst’s Resort has become well-known for the incredible experiences, dedication and details that they offer their guests. These folks set the bar high – quite literally, the sky’s the limit.
This plane ride for two is a great way to share a moment with someone special – your best friend, your dad, your soon-to-be fiance perhaps? A perfect way to take some time and soak in a moment that will become a lifelong memory.
What to expect
First you’ll take flight with a 15 minute sightseeing flight in a floatplane where your pilot will point out the sights along the way. Follow up with a farm fresh dining experience overlooking Rice Lake with the Locavore Luncheon – featuring fresh ingredients produced on the farm or from local providers. Be sure to bring your camera to capture your reactions (selfie mode highly-recommended) and the stunning bird’s eye views of the land of shining waters.
What else can I explore at Elmhirst’s Resort?
There are so many great things to do at Elmhirst’s, literally no two days of your stay need be the same. Horseback riding. Golf at Bellmere Winds next door. Enjoy a boat tour. Or cast a line (this resort has roots as a family fishing resort, and has third and fourth generations of families come back each year to gather).
Looking to add another unique surprise to add on to a getaway here? Sneak away to the wine cellar for a moment of wining and dining with general manager and the resort’s resident sommelier, Greg Elmhirst. Uncork some great times, learn something you might not have known about wine, all while enjoying chef curated snacks.
What else can I do nearby?
- Enjoy some cycling along the rolling hills of farmland along County Road 2
- Step back in time at Lang Pioneer Village, the region’s living history museum, created from historic buildings from throughout Peterborough County
- Step out to enjoy some dining and live entertainment (check our events calendar) in downtown Peterborough
Canadian Signature Experience - Information & Booking
- $79 per person based on 2 persons per flight.
- Wedding departure flights, sunrise flights and local charters are also available. Call 705-295-4591 for more information and rates.