Respect. Kindness. Pride.
In Peterborough & the Kawarthas, we believe the water connects us all. It gives us everything we need to live authentically, make new discoveries, gather nourishment, strength, and inner peace.
While travelling in Peterborough & the Kawarthas…
- I pledge to be light on the land and wise on the water
- I’ll explore my surroundings with an open heart, ask for help when I need it, and be kind to strangers
- Before starting my day, I’ll gear up, make a game plan, and get wind of the weather
- I’ll remember my miigwech's, thank-you's and merci’s
- With every new season, I’ll seek fresh experiences and flavours, trails, and friends
- I’ll place safety before sport when pedaling, paddling, parking, or power boating
- Be it bison, baked goods, or a crafty brew, I’ll buy local where I can
- I’ll greet new cultures and traditional teachings with curiosity, kindness, and compassion
- After feeding my soul with authentic adventures, I’ll take fond memories with me and leave nothing but footprints behind
Thank you for taking the pledge.
Share your commitment with your community.
Or download the pledge images and
share on the platform of your choice.
Be sure to include #OdePiitaanemaanPledge and tag Peterborough & the Kawarthas Tourism.