2021 Trent-Severn Waterway Updates
In Peterborough & the Kawarthas we have a romance with our abundance of fresh water.
Being ideally located along the Trent-Severn Waterway, a National Historic Site of Canada has made water a way of life for residents and visitors alike. Here is everything you need to know to get out and enjoy the Trent-Severn Waterway this season.
The scheduled start date of the 2021 Navigation Season for the Trent-Severn Waterway is June 2, 2021 pending that the Stay at Home order is lifted.
If restrictions allow, visitors will be able to access the following services and facilities:
- lockage, boat launches, access points and mooring areas;
- day-use areas, including green spaces, picnic areas, and parking lots;
- day-use trails, including some cycling access on designated trails and pathways;
- lock station grounds; and
- public toilets where enhanced cleaning protocols will be implemented.
Camping for boaters (paddlers and vessels under power) will be available on the Trent-Severn Waterway when the waterway opens for 2021 Navigation Season on June 2, 2021.
- what is open;
- what they can expect, including modified lockage and mooring protocols;
- how to prepare for their visit.
The health and safety of visitors and employees is of the utmost importance to the Government of Canada. Parks Canada is following the advice of public health experts and continues to make every effort to limit the spread of COVID-19. Visitors should follow the advice of public health experts, including necessary hygiene practices, face coverings and physical distancing of two metres from others.Plan Ahead Here! Order your permit today!