- This event has passed.
Curve Lake Cultural Centre
Lime Kiln Park70 Whetung Street East
Curve Lake, ON K0L 1P0 + Google Map
Every year, the end of the summer here brings with it the annual Curve Lake Pow Wow. This celebration consists of two days of dancing, contests and presentations, to re-establish old friendships and meet new people, with many vendors and performers in attendance. The theme of this Pow Wow is to remember loved ones who have passed in this community, as well as commemorating the 100th year since the Williams treaty was signed in 1923. It will continue rain or shine, so dress accordingly! Most vendors will also be cash only.
Grand Entry both days at 12:00PM
Sunrise ceremony at 6:00am
Breakfast both days after sunrise and dinner on Saturday at 5:30pm
Pow Wow Tips
- During Grand Entry, everyone stands as the Eagle Staff, the flags and the dancers enter. The Master of Ceremonies will announce other events that require standing as a gesture of respect
- Consider the privacy of the participants. Ask permission before you photograph or record people. This includes the spectators and craftspeople as well as the dancers and singers
- Certain dances and ceremonies are not to be recorded or photographed. The Master of Ceremonies will announce when such activities are not allowed
- Do not touch the dancers’ regalia. These have special meanings and the handmade regalia, which can cost thousands of dollars, are cherished and often made by a respected family members
- Feel free to join in the intertribal dancing. The Master of Ceremonies will announce these dances and invite all to join
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed at Pow Wows
- Pets are not permitted on the Pow Wow grounds
- Remember to bring your lawn chairs, sun block and a good appetite.