Christmas Tour – All I Want for Christmas…
Christmas Tour – All I Want for Christmas…
All I want for Christmas … is to be in Peterborough & the Kawarthas!
Of course your first stop will be at the Christmas Store at Craftworks at the Barn. Spend your morning exploring these two buildings for gifts, or Christmas decor for the occasion. This Christmas Store is open year round for Christmas enthusiasts to explore at any time throughout the year.
Our next stop is into Lakefield which has quaint shops to explore and find gifts for everyone on your list. Head into The English Potter for some hand made pottery or Tragically Hipp Fashion Gallery for unique items for those people who have everything. Trinkets and Treasures is a great place to find a re-purposed piece or antique for anyone’s home. And who wouldn’t love to find gourmet chocolates from the Chocolate Rabbit in their stocking? Come and watch them being made daily and be sure to take some home with you!
Have you worked up an appetite? Well Lakefield has an incredible café, The Nutty Bean Café. They offer freshly baked breads, muffins, scones for breakfast and fabulous soups, sandwiches and salads for lunch. Enjoy your meal in the warmth, as you watch the hustle and bustle of the village just outside. Make sure to leave enough time to head to Lockside Trading Company to see their winter merchandise, Christmas sales and specials and even sit on Santa’s lap for a picture. Say Cheese!
Downtown Peterborough offers visitors with a wide range of cuisines, such as authentic Italian, at Tre Ristorante Italiano or Greek food, at The Favourite Greek. If it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, enjoy the falling snow and the freezing ice with a beautiful white walk through Millennium Park, or even a skate on the canal. After skating choose from a variety of accommodations within the City of Peterborough including The Best Western Plus Otonabee Inn, or the downtown Peterborough Inn & Suites to grab some much needed rest.
Begin your day with a hearty breakfast including home-fries, bacon, pancakes and eggs at East City Coffee Shop.
It’s the most wonderful time of year to explore the charming shops downtown Peterborough. Search for unique jewellery at Hi Ho Silver or Tribal Voices. Explore the variety of antique shops such as Circus, This and That or The Antique Shop. Enjoy browsing the fantastic clothing selection clothing at Cottage Toys and Dan Joyce’s Classic Clothing. Don’t forget to head into Flavour Fashion to pick up a piece of clothing from their Peterborough Originals collection.
Our final stop should definitely help you cross everyone off your Christmas list. Spend your afternoon surrounded by deals and other shoppers at Lansdowne Place, which features over 90 retailers to help find gifts for everyone. Oh, what fun it is to ride, in a one horse open sleigh! The best way to finish off your visit will be with a horse drawn carriage from Lunn’s Horse Drawn Carriage Services. Be sure to make your reservations ahead of time for your family or group to visit around Millbrook and leave with a better understanding of Peterborough reality #ThisisLiving
The festive spirit is in the air as several events occur this month to help get you into the holy joly spirit.
Below are a few events in our city and county to perhaps plan your trip around and fit into your Christmas visit:
- Enjoy an old time Christmas in downtown Millbrook with Christmas stories and music, horse drawn carriage rides, pictures with Santa and a Christmas musical.
- Peterborough’s 44th Santa Claus Parade – December 2, 2017
- Enjoy your night at the longest running, biggest, small Santa Claus Parade in Central Ontario. It includes community clubs, businesses and organizations, and of course Santa.
- Christmas by Candlelight – December 2-3, 2017
- Enjoy a traditional Pioneer Christmas at Lang Pioneer Village Museum. Satisfy all your senses with sights, smells and tastes of Christmas including sleigh rides around the village and festive dishes.
- Cirque Musica Holiday Presents: Believe – December 15, 2017
- An all-new concert experience, is a fun filled family holiday event featuring the cast of Cirque Musica together with all-time favourite holiday songs performed by a live orchestra