Route 3A – Hills, Views and Pastries 65
This Shorter Route Is Good For Riders Who Have A Busy Schedule.
If you want more hills, views and pastries check out the full length version of this route. The rolling hills along the 2nd half of the route offer challenging climbs and rewarding views in every direction. Make sure to grab a snack at the Pastry Peddler, a cycling themed cafe located in Millbrook. From downtown, the route heads through the Ecology Park and quickly joins the small quiet roads south of town. Heading west riders will find Millbrook, which is quickly becoming a hub for the local cycling scene. From Millbrook rolling hills and plenty of views lead riders through Cavan, up over the Ida Hill and back to Peterborough.
Why We Love This Route:
- An easy start with increasingly challenging terrain.
- Great Scenic Views of the countryside.
- Great places to stop for a snack
Highlights & Photo Ops:
- Scenic views north from Sayer Line. 38KM
- Scenic views south from Sharpe Line. 49KM
Worth Stopping For Along the Route:
- Pastry Peddler in Millbrook – The fantastic snacking in this cycling themed bistro is not to be missed! 42KM
- Wrap up your ride at Silver Bean Café in Peterborough. – Approx. KM0 and KM65
Places to Stay:
- King Bethune Guest House & Spa – 270 King St, Peterborough
- Golden Pathways Retreat and B&B – 3075 Wallace Point Rd, Peterborough
Places to Eat:
- Elements Fine Dining Restaurant – 140 King St, Peterborough
- The Magic Rolling Pin – 302 King St, Peterborough
- Monaghan Cafe – 1017 Monaghan Rd, Peterborough
- Ricky’s All Day Grill – 898 Monaghan Rd, Peterborough
- Sylvia’s Coffe House – King St E, Millbrook
- The Pastry Peddler – 36 King St E, Millbrook
- Mo’s Tavern – 3 Tupper St, Millbrook On
- Berc’s Steakhouse – 186 Lansdowne St E, Peterborough
- Village of Thai – 241 George St N, Peterborough
- Riley’s Olde Towne Pub – 253 George St N, Peterborough
- Shish Kabob Hut – 220 King St, Peterborough
If you’re not a Map My Ride user, download a Map & Directions here
If you’re a Strava user, access the routes and segments here
Be sure to catch these
- Cycling Services & Retailers in Peterborough & the Kawarthas
- Quick Stops & Services for Road Cyclists in Peterborough & the Kawarthas