Chip Truck Trail
Cottage Country Comfort Food
You’re not spending hours chewing through traffic to get here, so why zip through a typical drive thru window to pick up a quick bite en route to the lake?
Chip Trucks in Peterborough & the Kawarthas are all over the map –covering the corners of our county. And let’s face it: french fries are a comforting indulgence and classic cottage country fare. The simplicity of a potato, cut into hearty steak cut fries or small shoestring fries, seasoned up, fried golden brown and served with a genuine smile.
Craving something golden, rich & squeaky? Poutine is a way to bite right into the Canadian way of life. And it is readily available at chip trucks throughout the area.
When you’re cottage bound and your tummy is grumbling, we recommend swinging by one of these great locations on the Chip Truck Trail through the Kawarthas.
- Sullivan’s General Store/ 4Corners Chip Truck: 472 Ennis Road, Ennismore
- Fergie’s Fries: 3295 County Rd 36, Bobcaygeon
- The Cabin:1384 Armour Road, Peterborough / 2011 Ashburnham Drive, Peterborough
- Country Bob’s Chip Truck: 3192 Buckhorn Road, Buckhorn
- Pirate Shack: RR. 36, Bobcaygeon
- Homer’s Chip Trailer: 4454 Highway 7, Norwood
- Kiss Chip Truck: 989 Ward Street, Bridgenorth
- Reggie’s Hot Grill: 89 Hunter St. E., Peterborough
- The Brown Eyed Susan: 200 County Road 28, Bailieboro
- Terry’s Taters and Treats: 2550 Lansdowne St. West, Cavan Monaghan
Looking for a little something to accompany your french fries? Reggie’s Hot Grill, featured on the Food Network’s “You Gotta Eat Here”, offers up a french fry’s standard partner: fresh off the grill burgers. Our favourite: The Drop-Out Burger, with grilled peameal bacon and cheddar cheese.